This Privacy Notice is provided on behalf of Eastern Shore Title Company.
Congress recently passed the Gramm-Leach-Bliley (GLB) Act, which deals in part with how the financial services industry handles nonpublic personal financial information. Eastern Shore Title Company recognizes that the foundation of our business is maintaining your trust and confidence. In order to provide you with the most effective and beneficial service, we must maintain information about you. Keeping that information secure and private is important to us. This notice is provided to you so that you may know how we collect information about you, the type of information we collect, what we may disclose to our affiliates and non-affiliated third parties, and the steps we take to protect personal information about you.
WHAT WE COLLECT:
First, we must collect a certain amount of personal information about you in order to provide customer service, procure mortgage payoffs, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements associated with a real estate settlement. Therefore, as part of our servicing of your closing, we may obtain certain nonpublic personal information about you. This information includes facts and data that we receive from you, real estate agents, lenders, government agencies, and/or other authorized persons in varying manners, including but not limited to applications, company required forms, telephone calls, correspondence, claim forms and other processing forms; facts and data about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; and facts and data we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
The information we collect, or that has been provided to us in processing your transaction, may include:
- Your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, Social Security number, age, gender, marital status, assets, bank account number(s) and financial statistics;
- Your employment history, such as your occupation(s), your income and your employer(s) and years of service with employer(s);
- Your creditworthiness and credit history;
WHAT WE SHARE:
- With respect to the information we collect about you:
- We collect and use the information to the extent needed to conduct our business and to meet our quality service standards.
- We restrict access to the information to authorized individuals who need to know this information to provide services and products to you;
- We maintain appropriate safeguards to protect information about you;
- We will verify that any persons requesting information about you or your relationship with us is entitled to such information prior to providing it.
- We share nonpublic personal information about you outside our company only to service your request, or as authorized by you, or as required or permitted by applicable law;
- We require any organization that provides assistance to us in administering or reinsuring contracts or providing services on our behalf to you to maintain the confidentiality of nonpublic personal information about you and not use such information for any other purpose; and
The law does permit us to share information about you with our affiliates, including insurance companies and insurance service providers.
If we change our privacy practices, we will provide you notice of all material changes. This privacy notice supersedes all previous notices with respect to matters described herein.
It is our goal to ensure that all the information we collect is accurate and complete. Please notify us if you believe information is inaccurate.
NO ACTION IS REQUIRED BY YOU
You do not need to do anything as a result of this notice. It is meant to inform you of how we safeguard nonpublic personal information about you. You may wish to file this notice with your insurance papers.
We strive to maintain your confidence and trust.